Our students are taught by leading academics who, in many cases, have published the research which shapes their disciplines and written the books which will guide their learning. Many members of staff balance teaching time with continued professional practice as translators, interpreters, practitioner psychologists, tax and finance specialists, and management consultants. Dive deep into the social sciences to understand and analyse the key issues affecting society.
- We offer a range of scholarships to help support your studies with us.
- Focusing on big issues such as inequality, poverty, crime, racism and climate change, and exploring how we make sense of, navigate and change our interpersonal and everyday lives, sociology combines the study of self and society.
- The University of Birmingham has become the first Higher Educational establishment to introduce climate change into its BSc Accountancy and Finance degree course.
- If you have the potential and motivation to study at university, regardless of your background or personal circumstances, we welcome your application.
- For courses which require a specific subjects match, such as English or Maths, these would need to provided in addition to the Pathway Programme Certificate or result.
- Everything we do in the School of Social Sciences has a truly global outlook.
This information is a guide and all students applying with Open University Credits will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We will consider your application carefully and take note of any previous qualifications or relevant work experience. The first year of this course is an opportunity to explore introductory laalmeja.com social science theories and applications including elements of psychology, sociology, research methods and politics. Additionally you will develop generic academic skills such as writing reports, presenting and study skills. Working with young people in nurseries, primary schools, youth centres or similar settings?
Services for Business
Everything we do in the School of Social Sciences has a truly global outlook. Many of our programmes are delivered across Heriot-Watt’s three main campuses in Edinburgh, Dubai and Malaysia, offering students the opportunity to transfer between Heriot-Watt’s global campuses for one semester or more. We have collaborative partnerships with leading business and language schools all over the world including student exchange programmes with universities in North America, China, Europe and Australia.
This course draws on insights from several disciplines, including sociology, social policy as well as international development and criminology. You’ll be free to explore which issues or ideas in social science you find most interesting. You’ll study these from diverse perspectives and link them with relevant research skills. You’ll be supported in tailor-making your degree according to your interests. Typically, we would be looking for you to have studied units worth at least 120 credits, including at least 30 credits at Level 2. We would generally be looking for you to have taken relevant units in essay-based subjects, preferably social sciences.
Area and development studies
The one-year University of Bath International Foundation Year International Foundation Year programme is licensed to and delivered by Bath College, our partner organisation in the centre of Bath. This course is accredited by the University of Bath and provides you with guaranteed progression to a University of Bath degree . We can also consider combinations that are not listed and do not include A levels. You should read the information about essential and preferred subjects and subject combinations.